2007-11-21

1st at Kona Surf Coast 6 hour Enduro

Two weeks after winning the 2007 Scott 24hr race in Canberra, I can add another solo win at the Kona Surf Coast 6 hour race(http://www.surfcoast6hour.com.au/)
Unusual race format with a 4pm start, but with the 31 degrees heat during the day, it was brilliant.

I had to learn my lesson in better getting my bike(s) checked in the future after just having ridden a big race like the 24 hour race... After riding up and down the streets in Fitzroy I decided that the bike still works and I will be fine for the 6 hr race.....hmmmmmm
Already in my first lap my chain got sucked between cassette and wheel and it took me some time to find out which gears not to use for the next hours. Unfortunately - while fixing my mechanics - Jess Douglas slipped through and it took me 4 hours into the race to pass her back again and to make time good.
I was very relieved in winning the mini Kona race for my sponsors Kona.
Apart from racing, Andy and I spend a nice relaxing day on the beach on Sunday.

Thanks to Troy(BMC, solo male winner) in sharing his support pit bitch Martin with me.

No comments: