2009-02-27

In agony!

...after 10 months without training, I decided to take part in the toughest Marathon race Australia has to offer - the Otway Odyssey !
Well, I had a ball last year and managed to finish top ten, but this year...
It's been 11 Months since my last race and I probably thought I could just plug in a memory stick and ride along with the other girls the same way I did before. Not that I expected to be competitive but I didn't think I would have to suffer so much and for every km in the 100km race.
I ended up within a group of riders, which got off their bikes on every single steep looking climb, blogging of the trails for riders going past.
Walking was the only option left and I soon developed Cramps in my legs that made me feel sick... not even the hardest 24hr race has done this to me.
The single track around Forrest is just superb and the fun factor kicked in temporarily.
While pobably everybody out there improved their time from last years race, it took me 7:36:44 to finish, almost 30 minutes more than last year, where the extreme muddy conditions slowed everybody down.

There is only one solution to it: Get out and ride!

No comments: