2009-07-15

Crossing the Alps from the 18.-25th


Yep, here we are - time has come to face the pain. HURTFEST!
A long awaited race - The Jeantex-bike-Transalp race is up this Saturday until next Saturday.
I am going to leave home tomorrow to get down to Mittenwald, near the Alps.
If you are interested, check out the daily updates: http://www.bike-transalp.de/englisch/
We are starting as Team 'Schwarzfahrer 2' in the mixed categorie, but I can tell you now that my preparation for the climbs has been cero....
I was very much consumed by preparing my portfolio and send out job-applications. The job hunt takes all my time.
But most important for this race is to enjoy the mountain view, the social character and to finish without injury.
If I find the time and nerves, I will update the blog during the race stages.


And there it is...my new bike!
First tested near Andy's hometown, which is/was once famous for coal-mining. I am exactly standing on the tip of a heap of stones, which was constructed after the mining-industrie break down, in order to 'recultivate' the area for recreational activities. It is now a nice place to enjoy a stroll....or bike-ride with a view over the area.

No comments: